CAST AND CREW CALL---DINOSAURUS! 2014!
PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES: DINOSAURUS
HFCC’S Fall, 2014 production will be DINOSAURUS! This show is one of a kind in the world and is a production of THE VIRTUAL THEATRICALITY LAB. For more info on the show, click here
To participate in DINOSAURUS! you must enroll in one of the following classes:
THEA 142, Theatrical Production, THEA 242, Advanced Theatrical Production THEA 133, Technical Theatre, THEA 134, Technical Theatre Rotating Skills, THEA 234, Advanced Technical Theatre Rotating Skills, THEA 149, Children’s Theatre Production, THEA 259, Experimental Theatre Production, and THEA 270, Advanced One Act Play Production. All classes will meet TUESDAY AND THURSDAY 9:40 AM-12:20 PM with extra lab hours to be arranged for Technical Theatre Classes. There are many crew, house, and publicity positions open. Remember, if you are a Theatre Major, THEA 142, Theatrical Production will only be offered Fall 2014 with participation in DINOSAURUS!
CREW REQUIREMENTS: VIRTUAL THEATRE:
CREW REQUIREMENTS: TRADITIONAL THEATRE:
1. Carpenters: build and install rake, screen and wing masking, additional audience platforming and safety railing.
2. Electricians: rig lighting, dmx foggers.
3. Painters: rake, screen and wing masking, and canopy drop for above audience.
4. Prop Artisan: build and paint cameras for final scene, obtain and maintain all other props.
5. Stage manager: traditional stage manager duties; interface with video crew.
6. Assistant stage manager: assist and replace stage manager when necessary.
7. FX; rigging special FX: fog, sneeze, furries.
1. Stage manager: call the show
2. Asst stage manager: assist the sm
3. Light board op. Run lights
4. Two ushers for inside the theatre.
5. One usher in the Mackenzie lobby
6. One usher in the side hall.
7. One house manager: all performances
8. One box office manager, public performances only.
9. Two box office asistants, public performances only.
10. Four tickle crew for furries scene.
11. Two fog crew.
12. Two stage hands for scene changes
13. 1-2 water crew for sneeze
14. One props manager for maintaining props
15. One costume supervisor to maintain costumes
SIGN UP FOR ONE OF THE ABOVE CLASSES: NO AUDITIONS OR PREREQS REQUIRED.
THE PROFESSSOR: Due to the unique nature of this production, there are only 2 featured live actors. These parts have been cast and the show has been in rehearsal and development for 2 years. There will be the opportunity for 3 additional parts (THE PROFESSOR) that will be cast via appointments with The Director of DINOSAURUS! Dr. George Popovich. For information about these parts, click here.
UNDERSTUDIES THE LIVE ACTION CHARACTERS PEEK AND BUNK: UNDERSTUDIES WILL BE CHOSEN FROM AUDITIONS THAT WILL BE HELD THE THIRD DAY OF CLASS. YOU MUST BE ENROLLED IN CLASS TO AUDITION.
READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY! IN ADDITION TO CLASS TIME, ALL DINOSAURUS! CAST AND CREW MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING PERFORMANCES. PLAN YOUR CLASSES AND SCHEDULE ACCORDINGLY.
PUBLIC PERFORMANCES (2014): Sat. November 1 @ 2 pm; Sat. November 1 @ 7 pm; Sun. November 2 @ 2pm; Friday November 7 @ 7 pm. Sat. November 8 @ 2pm; Sat. November 8 @ 7 pm; Sun. Nov. 9@ 2pm; Fri. November 14 @ 7pm; Sat. November 15 @ 2pm; Sat. November 15@ 7pm; Sun. November 16@ 2pm; Fri. November 21 @ 7pm; Sat. Nov 22 @ 2pm; Sat Nov 23 @7pm; Sun. November 22@ 2pm.
Prices: Children Under 12: 5.00 Everyone else: 8.00. There are no other discounts or prices. Seating is limited to 80 persons per show.
SCHOOL PERFORMANCES (2014) (Closed to Public): Mon. November 10 @ 10 am; Tuesday November 11 @ 10 am; Wednesday November 12 @ 10 am; Thurs. November 13 @ 10am; Friday November 14 @ 10 am; Mon. November 17@ 10 am; Tuesday November 18 @ 10 am; Wed. November 19 @ 10 am Thurs. November 20 @ 10am; Fri. November 21 @ 10am; Mon. November 24@ 10am; Tues. November 25@ 10am; Wednesday November 26 @ 10am.